Lab Site Coordinators:
- Information FOR Lab Site Coordinators - Click for details
- ABOUT Lab Site Coordinators - Below
Who they are
We encourage our coordinators to share their strategies for success with their counterparts at other organisations. The Star Program Director will be happy to connect individuals or set up a teleconference upon request. STAR Fellows and Workshop Leaders will receive contact details for the Coordinator at their particular site.
- AFRL Palmdale - Kriss Vander Hyde
- Biosphere 2 - Kevin Bonine
- CSU Cal Poly San Luis Obispo - Brian Paavo
- CSU Channel - Cause Hanna & Kathryn McEachern
- CSU Fresno - David Andrews and Mara Brady
- CSU Sacramento - Deidre Sessoms
- CSU SFSU - Larry Horvath
- ISB - Jen Eklund
- LLNL - Joanna Albala
- LIGO - Amber Henry
- MBARI - George Matsumoto
- NASA Ames Research Center - Maricela Varma
- NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center - AnnaMarie Schaecher
- NASA JPL - Petra Kneissl-Milanian
- NCAR - Scott Landolt
- NOAA ESRL - Ann Thorne
- NOAA SWFSC - Jessica Lipsky
- NOAO - Connie Walker
- NREL - Linda Lung
- PNNL - Ann Wright-Mockler
- RTC - Erin Blackwood
- SETI Institute - Pamela Harman
- SLAC - Enrique Cuellar
- SNL - (Coordinator & Research Mentor) Bernice Mills
Lab Site Co-ordinators (listed above) are the primary point of contact between a partner lab site, the STAR Program, Program Staff, and STAR Fellows at a particular location and perform several key services. Also known as Education and Public Outreach (EPO) Staff, they:
- Identify Research Mentors able and willing to support STAR Fellows during the summer and provide project descriptions for STAR Applicants.
- Coordinate STAR Fellow interviews with Research Mentors and coordinate summer placement between Fellow, Research Mentor, and Program staff.
- Provide Fellows with lab space, supplies, equipment, access credentials, and safety training needed to participate in the research.
- Educate Research Mentors about STAR Program goals, expectations, and deadlines.
- Coordinate site activities and evaluations with Workshop Leaders
- Coordinate STAR Fellow orientations, presentations, and seminars on site.
- Whenever possible, participate in STAR Program conferences and events.